- Artist – Album: Smash Mouth – Astro Lounge
I came across an article recently that ranked all of Billy Joel’s songs, from worst to best. It sounded like the perfect read to pick out something from his deep catalog. Find a Billy Joel song I like?
- Scenes From an Italian Restaurant? Too meandering.
- Only the Good Die Young? A bit too cheesy, even for me.
- New York State of Mind? I don’t like New York anywhere near as much as Billy Boy does.
- Just the Way You Are? Too straightforward.
- This Is the Time? Even more “too straightforward”, if that’s possible for a Billy Joel song.
- She’s Always a Woman? Almost, but no cigar. Just that side of schmaltz for me.
- Leave A Tender Moment Alone? Too retro.
- The Longest Time? Way too retro.
- Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)? That whole “heart attack” line was too hack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack.
- Piano Man? Too maudlin.
- It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me? Too whiny.
- We Didn’t Start the Fire? Tossed before I finished reading the title.
I went through the whole list… And decided to stop wasting my time and honored music from a better artist.
SUM… BAW-DEE… ONCE… TOLD ME…
Google Play Music Link: https://play.google.com/music/m/Tjacedb3ut43lgltcynslwskk4a?t=All_Star_-_Smash_Mouth
Previous Music Monday Selections: https://kevinianbryan.com/musicmonday.html